Right now it is Friday, Oct. 23rd around 8:15 AM and I’m finally able to take some time to share with you this new journey and next chapter in both my career and my family. I am sitting at an incredible co-work space (Hygge) located just west of Uptown Charlotte where the Paschals now reside.
The last seven weeks have been quite the ride as we went through the following:
- August 27th (Thursday) – Living in a two-bedroom apartment with a wife, two children, and two cats while working at Victory Church in Atlanta, GA
- August 28th (Friday) – Sitting down for coffee with a friend during a random trip to Charlotte, NC that turned into an unofficial job interview out of nowhere
- August 31st (Monday) – Interviewing on Monday with Ellis Pro Media in my bedroom closet … b/c did I mention the two-bedroom apartment with a wife, two children, and two cats
- September 8th (Tuesday) – Interview with CEO of Ellis Pro Media
- September 11th (Friday) – Receive a job offer
- September 14th (Monday) – Officially resign at Victory Church (this was very hard to do)
- September 25th (Friday) – Find a possible house to buy, FaceTime tour the house, MAKE AN OFFER!
- September 27th (Sunday) – House offer accepted!
- October 7th (Wednesday) – Drive Kids and Boat to my parents’ house after Noah’s last day of Pre-School
- October 8th (Thursday) – Drive back to Atlanta
- October 9th (Friday) – Pack the apartment
- October 10th (Saturday) – Movers arrive to pack the truck
- October 11th (Sunday) – Last day working at Victory Church and driving to Charlotte in the U-Haul truck after saying goodbye to everyone
- October 11th (Sunday) – Move in with Kirsten’s parents for three weeks while we wait on our closing date
- October 12th (Monday) – Meet movers at U-Haul storage unit to unpack the truck
- October 14th (Wednesday) – Noah and Haven attend the first day of Pre-School at their Omie’s Pre-School!
- October 15th (Thursday) – Drive to Ormond Beach, FL with Josh B. to get ready for our big bike ride
- October 16th (Friday) – Ride 104.6 miles on my road back down the A1A Florida coastline!!!
- October 17th (Saturday) – Recovery day
- October 18th (Sunday) – Drive back to CTL
- October 19th (Monday) – First day of work at Ellis Pro Media!!
- October 19th (Monday) – Decided last second to pick up a co-work membership until we settle into our house
So as you can see, it’s been a crazy two months and more things than I could list out have happened to get us through all those events. Next up: closing on our new house on November 2nd. We’re two miles from Kirsten’s parents’ house and one hour from my parents’ house.
This brings me to this space. Not the physical space around you, but the digital space that you are probably reading on your phone right now. This space is for YOU! A place where, as the weeks and months go by, I hope to be able to add value to you through articles, podcasts, videos, and other creative methods. Most things will be FREE, but we are working on a few services coming in the first quarter of 2021 that I’m excited to share with you.
Until then, go ahead and look around. There isn’t too much just yet, but that will be changing. And if you want to get weekly updates about the articles and videos we post just click here and subscribe.
if you are still reading this and are working at a local church and have any influence on the production decisions please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at (253) 470-2572 OR hit me up here to schedule a meeting: https://meetings.hubspot.com/mike-paschal. You will hear and see way more about Ellis Pro Media over on my Instagram account in regard to how we (Ellis) would love to come alongside you and your team to help reach not just your goals but your overall vision!